Ameri-Link Insurance Resources Blog
Jump starting your car will require a 2nd vehicle. Unless you have a "Jump Box"
1. Make sure BOTH cars are in "Park" with ignitions turned OFF
2. Attach the Red cable clamp to the Positive (+) post on your battery (dead battery)
3. Attach the other Red cable clamp to the Positive (+) post on the good battery
4. Attach the Black cable to the Negative (-)post on the good battery
5. Attach the other Black cable clamp to some large metallic part of your car's engine block. Never connect it to the negative (-) post of the "dead" battery because this causes sparking which could ignite battery gases.
6. Start the vehicle with the good battery and let it run for 3-4 minutes then start your car. After your car is started, it is okay to drive it but remember, your battery is charging so let it run for at least 20-30 minutes before shutting it off again.
Licensed in: Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri
Website by InsuranceSplash